Monday, January 16, 2012

Just Be

“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” Mathew 11:29-30

This morning I am sick. Still. But the chores must be done so I am plugging away, scrubbing, organizing, folding, washing, vacuuming, dusting, blah blah blah. Mundane, mundane…I need strength so I go to my source. He speaks softly as I worry again if I could possibly add up to the woman I am “supposed to be.”

I am not asking you to do, I just want you to be.

Yea, right. I need to pray, witness, study, write, preach, etc., these are things you have called me to do, I rattle off.

I am not asking you to do, I just want you to be. When you be who I created you to be, your doing will flow from freely and will be a joy, not a list of to-dos.

Your doing must come out of who you are, not who you are trying to be. Hmmm, my flesh will not let go so easy. My mind will be an issue here. It constantly reminds me of what I am not doing. First to-do: overcome flesh. Um, yea that’s done already…thank you, Jesus!

2nd to-do:Practice Being. I will never be who I am unless I spend more time in His presence. Yes, the chores still have to be done, but after a minute with him, well, all is well with my soul as the saying goes. Many times we hide from Him, afraid of what He might ask of us. We are deceived and truly don’t know Him. Find the time, fall to the ground and…listen. Recover your life and find rest…ahhhhhh…

No comments:

Post a Comment